When it comes to making money online, there is nothing more attractive than free traffic. Free traffic typically comes from people finding your website through search, video, social media you name it. This is why affiliate marketing is so appealing to many new Internet entrepreneurs. You can find products that people want and sell them to people who want to buy. Of course, it’s not as easy as it sounds, but it can be done. I’ve been doing this for years now so I would know, you know?
I’ve used several methods to get traffic without paying for it, and I’m going to share those with you, along with some insights from my experience. Time is money, so let’s get started!
Is it best to focus only on free traffic sources or also on paid traffic sources?
Many people get carried away when they get started with affiliate marketing. They get so excited about how much money they can make online that they start off too quickly and the first thing they do is jump on the internet and start searching for ways to get more traffic to their website. This is a big mistake. You should start off by understanding traffic sources.
When it comes to affiliate marketing, like many things in life, it’s usually a compromise of two extremes. Some affiliates think that the only way to succeed in affiliate marketing is to forget everything they know about marketing and search engine optimization, and instead solely focus on the free traffic sources. They believe that the paid traffic sources are just a waste of money and that you can never effectively convert visitors into customers. On the other hand, others believe that p
aid traffic sources are the only way to succeed in affiliate marketing. But it doesn’t have to be this way!
Free vs. paid traffic for affiliate marketing. What’s the best solution for your business?
Affiliate marketing is a huge, $10 billion industry. However, with so many opportunities out there, it’s difficult to know where to start. Naturally, new affiliates are drawn to the best-paying affiliate offers. But what if there was a way to make more affiliate income, using a little-known product that pays well?
Choosing the right source of traffic is a common problem for most affiliate marketers. And it’s a difficult problem to solve because there is no single best solution. Some marketers prefer free traffic, getting visitors by employing methods such as search engine optimization, social media and content marketing. Others prefer paid traffic, utilizing strategies like paid advertising, search engine marketing and email marketing. And some choose a mix of both free and paid. Covering all the different options would take too long here, so instead let’s look at 5 key factors to consider when choosing your traffic source.
5 key factors to consider when choosing your traffic source
No matter what niche you are in, there are always going to be people who are looking for ways to make money from home, online or offline. No matter which one you are in, or if you are in all of them, you will need to find a way to bring traffic to your website. The fact is that you are never going to make much money online, offline, or whatever you are doing, if you do not have a lot of traffic. The key to making a lot of money online is not necessarily having a lot of traffic, but having traffic that is targeted to what you are doing.
1. Keyword research – If you are an affiliate marketer, the most important thing you can do is spend time on keyword research. The reason for this is because, the better you do at keyword research , the easier it will be to get the affiliate sale. Many people think that the process of keyword research is complicated and is something that they can never get their head around. This is wrong. By spending just a few minutes on this task, you can find thousands of keywords that will net you thousands of sales.
2. Link building – Link building is one of the most important aspects of affiliate marketing. Ask any affiliate marketer what is the #1 thing that can help increase your affiliate sales and they’ll say “Quality links”. One of the keys to success in affiliate marketing is building high quality links. Link building is the best way to bring in traffic to your affiliate website. It’s a process you should start the day you decide to become an affiliate marketer. The traffic you get from your links is free and it’s the best way to get targeted traffic that’s interested in your website. Before you start building links to your affiliate website, you need to find where your target audience hangs out on the web. It’s not enough to just guess that your target audience is on a given network. (There’s a lot more to this, but the point is: “Link building for affiliates” is a very specific thing. It’s not a generic “link building” blog.)
3. Conversion rate – For everyone that makes a living online, and that doesn’t include just people who blog, conversion rates are a hot topic. But what is a conversion rate, and why is it important? Consider it the rate at which your website is able to persuade a visitor to take your desired action, whatever that may be. If you’re an affiliate, a conversion rate is the percentage of visitors who click on an affiliate link, and then purchase the product.
4. Advertising cost for paid traffic vs time cost for free traffic – The question on most new Internet marketers mind is how much time they have to invest to get traffic. This is a very important question, as the time investment is an important factor in how much money is made. The reality is that there is no one answer that will work for everybody. The time investment required to get traffic will depend on a number of other factors. On the one hand, different people will have different time requirements. The difference in the time requirements depends on the level of expertise a person has and their ability to learn new things. Your time investment will be affected by the method used to get traffic.
5. Choose the right affiliate offer to promote – How do you know what affiliate program is best for you? You need to decide what kind of traffic and commission you want to generate. Let’s say you want to promote a high ticket product, you will need to choose the right affiliate offer that generates a lot of sales. If you want to generate a lot of clicks, and not as many sales, you need to choose the right affiliate offer for you.
Some affiliate programs will let you change the landing page of the affiliate offer, and some won’t. If you can’t change the landing page, you will need to create a new account for each landing page. If you can change the affiliate offer’s landing page, you can use the same account to promote multiple offers,
3 Free Traffic Sources For Affiliate Marketers
1. YouTube – As an affiliate marketer, you can use YouTube as a free traffic source to increase your profits. When you watch videos, you’ll get a ton of advertisements, but many of them are for products you can write about and make money from. For example, let’s say that you like to watch videos about sports. You’re likely to see advertisements from companies like Nike, Gatorade, Reebok, etc. As an affiliate marketer, you can create videos on YouTube about sports, and include links to the companies that make sports equipment.
2. Social Media – Facebook is the largest social network on the Internet, and you can get a lot of free traffic to your affiliate marketing products with it. Now it’s no secret that facebook is one of the most powerful traffic generation tools that exists today. But it is also no secret that facebook can get your account banned (or worse) if you don’t know how to use it correctly and optimize your page for the best results.
3. Quora – Some of you may be familiar with the viral content site called Quora. One of the best ways to do this is by using Quora as a platform by providing help to others for affiliate marketing strategies. With the right amount of research you can get a good idea of which products and services are in demand on this platform. With a fast-growing user base of more than 100 million, quora is rapidly becoming one of the best sources of free traffic for affiliates on the web.
What is the best free traffic source?
From all my extensive research and time spent on this subject of free traffic for any kind of marketer its SEO. SEO is really scalable but takes a lot of time and effort. A lot of research is required and not something you will master overnight, but the dividends are endless.
What sources are you currently using? What’s been working best for you? If you have any sources not mentioned feel free to drop it in the comments section below and how you are using them. For my unstoppable traffic report just go ahead and download your free copy here.
Remember, you get what you put in and it takes time to grow a business. So don’t get frustrated, find what works for you and track everything. Then you will see if your time spent has been worth it.